Access to campus
You must get tested before coming to campus for any reason. NYU has a page detailing the process for gaining access to campus after/during Winter recess
Essential basics of getting on campus this spring if you are teaching in-person
- If you are getting tested for the first time for the Spring 2021 semester, you should get tested at least 5 days before you need to enter NYU academic and administrative buildings and have a negative test result. Details on how to get tested. If you are picking up a kit for the first time to be cleared to enter NYU buildings, you must pick up and return your kit at the Kimmel Center for University Life (60 Washington Square South, 1st floor), open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. This is the only location that will allow you to pick up/return your kit without clearance to be on campus. Once you are cleared to be on campus, you can pick up saliva test in 6 Metrotech Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Every day you come to campus, you must fill out an online survey prior to visiting campus
- If you’re coming to campus regularly, you must be tested every 14 days
- For questions about NYU’s testing requirements, contact email@example.com
- NYU’s Faculty Covid-19 information page can be seen here
NYU is not mandating vaccinations, but is strongly encourgaing those who are able to get a shot to do so.
Those of us who are teaching on-campus are eligible for the Covid-19 vaccine as part of NY State Phase 1B. NYU is reaching out to folks about receiving the vaccine via text and email. if you receive one of these, you will have 48 hours to reserve a time for the vaccination through NYU (NB - this does not mean you have 48 hours to get the shot, just that you have 48 hours to make an appointment)
If you are able to get an appointment some other way — through the New York State COVID vaccination website, through the New York City COVID vaccination site (here and here), your health provider, or another vaccination distribution center — you should not hesitate to sign up for it if you are eligible.